LibreOffice Bug Confirmation (triage) Contest
As we near the release of 4.1 we have announced an upcoming 2 week long contest/event where everyone is invited to help us confirm bugs that have been reported, not only against 4.1 RC (release candidate) but also against previous releases of our incredible office suite. The contest is incredibly useful for finding critical (and not so critical) bugs in LibreOffice – thus ensuring that the team of developers know that reported issues are reproducible and thus a problem for the wider community.
There are lots of reasons why one should join but here are just a few 🙂
- Without confirming bugs, developers don’t know of a bugs existence
- Very easy for a new contributor to get involved
- time commitment can be as little as 10 minutes
- Friendly QA volunteers ready to help, available at Freenode IRC (#libreoffice-qa)
- first 10 new contributors will get a libreoffice t-shirt 🙂
- Top 5 bug triagers will also win a t-shirt
Our team is incredibly inviting and I hope that all of you will take the time to join the team and participate in this 2 week event.
Details and instructions on how to get involved can be found at: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/QA/Projects/Bug_Triage_Contest